Our Australian and San Antonio Spurs champions Patty Mills and Aron Baynes are touring Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane, Cairns and the Torres Strait Islands with the Larry O’Brien trophy and Aussie fans will get the chance to interact with the boys and congratulate them on winning the 2014 NBA Championship.
The 2014 San Antonio Spurs Australian Trophy Tour
- Wednesday 15 July – Melbourne – Culture Kings Queen Street – From 4pm
- Thursday 16 July – Sydney – Sunrise, St Martins Place From 9am & Culture Kings George Street – From 4pm
- Friday 18 July – Canberra – Civic Square – From 12pm with clinics run by Basketball ACT afterwards. Details here.
- Saturday 19 July – Brisbane – King George Square from 12pm & Culture Kings Queen Street Mall – From 4pm
- Sunday 20 July – Cairns - Cairns Basketball from 12pm
- Monday 21 July – Torres Strait Island – TBD – TBD
Australia is the third stop on the tour, they began in Argentina and New Hampshire and will proceed to travel to Italy, France, Canada, New York and California.
The Canberra dates will see Patty receive the keys to the city and there will be clinics for younger fans with details here.
The majority of the six countries and 12 cities visited on the tour represent the nationality of the players on the Spurs championship winning team. Italy is represented by Marco Belinelli, from France is Tony Parker and Boris Diaw, from Argentina is Manu Ginobili, from New Hampshire is Matt Bonner, from Canada is Cory Joseph, from New York is Danny Green plus Kawhi Leonard, Jeff Ayres and Austin Daye are from California.
The roster also includes Tiago Splitter from Brazil and Tim Duncan from the Virgin Islands (US).
Thier first stop was at Foot Locker in Melbourne today…
Order your official Spurs Champions tee from our store today