What To Watch This Week In US Sports: 1 February 2013
Ummm….let me think…..I’m sure there’s something coming up this week….
That’s right! It’s Super Bowl time!
Ok, so it’s finally here – Super Bowl XLVII between the San Francisco 49ers and the Baltimore Ravens.
I’m not going to do a full preview here and now, because we’ve already done it! Observe the amazing menu of quality reading to tickle you in your first down marker while you get ready for the big game:
Super Bowl XLVII Preview - Dominic’s definitive preview of the game.
49ers Road to the Super Bowl - Andrew breaks down the 49ers season.
Ravens Road to the Super Bowl - I have a shot at breaking down the Ravens season.
Madden 2013 Super Bowl Prediction - JHS’ Mega Madden pick.
Harbaugh vs Harbaugh - The inimitable Chris’ take on the HarBowl.
Why Kicking Will Decide the Super Bowl - JB’s close look at the kicking game’s impact on the SB.
An Aussie Fan at the Super Bowl: Part 1, Part 2 - A very special series by special guest writer Stuart, as he shares his SB trip with us as he travels.
The Super Bowl TV Guide – Andy’s always brilliant guide to watching everything NFL on TV in Australia this week.
Where to go to Watch the Game - The guide to all your Monday watering holes.
This week in the NBA, we had a big trade (the Rudy Gay three team deal), Andrew Bogut is back (woo hoo!) and the trade deadline closes in. Also, there was the big news that ESPN will show progressively more live games over the next two years.
- San Antonio Spurs (37-11, 9-1 in last 10 games) – Is there a more professional pro-sports team anywhere?
- Chicago Bulls (28-17, 8-2) – Derrick who?
- Denver Nuggets (29-18, 8-2 and currently on a five game win streak) – Now their horror early year fixture is over (they played so many road games), they might be a sneaky conference final team.
- Minnesota Timberwolves (17-25, 1-9, on a five game losing streak) – Just struggling to recover from all those injuries.
- Toronto Raptors (16-30, 2-8) – Maybe the trade will shake them up a bit
Ok all, well that’s it for this very shortened in this week that’s dominated by the Super Bowl, we’ll be back at full-tilt next week.